Are you looking to do something fun and exciting for a good cause? Charity expeditions can be a great way to raise a lot of money for a good cause – whether it is climbing Kilimanjaro, cycling from London to Paris or trekking the Inca Trail in Peru. If you are taking part in a thrilling charity expedition, you will be responsible for raising enough money for the charity. Sometimes the fundraising part of the charity can be the most difficult part – so here are some helpful ideas for a charity event.
- If you love to cook, put together your favourite recipes in a book and get them printed so that you can resell them.
- Start baking and sell your cakes, books, home-made jam and other goods in a bake sale.
- Find a local musician who would be willing to perform and put on a concert. You can charge for tickets and raise quite a bit of money for your event!
- Host a street carnival. Get together some barbeques, a bouncy castle, a band and much more for a great party. You can arrange games that charge a small fee and sell drinks.
- Team up with your local wine merchant and consider having a fundraising wine tasting event. They can give away samples and if any guests purchase wine the merchant will give a percentage of the sales to your fundraising effort.
- If it is a nice and sunny day you could consider having a barbeque and charging a small fee for a burger and a beer. You could set up games, competitions and music and have a great time.
- Create a humorous video and place it on Youtube and share it on your social media channels. At the end of the video, ask everyone to donate.
- Your local supermarket might allow you to pack shopping and ask each shopper for a donation as you do it. Just call up the supermarket and ask them if it is possible.
- If you have creative friends you can ask them for their help to donate their artwork and crafts for sale. You can set up a stall at a farmer’s market or other event and sell the unique artwork pieces. Your creative friends will get publicity for their artwork, all for a good cause.
- Go around the neighbourhood and collect clothes and accessories that people no longer wear. Have a sale and use the proceeds for your donation money.
- Head to a car boot sale! If you are like most people you will have a lot of rubbish cluttering up your home, so take it all to a car boot sale so that you can sell it all and raise money for your charity.
- If you have air miles and you are not planning on using them, sell them or raffle them off.
- Ask your friends to pay you to wear something ridiculous to work, school or around town. They can choose a stupid hat, an outrageous tie and even a full outfit in public.
- Don’t ignore the power of social media. Use a crowdfunding website to make a portal where people can give toward a certain cause and promote it on Facebook or Twitter.
- Double the money that you fundraise by asking a local business to support your cause and match the donations. This can be a win for them too, as it is great publicity that puts their business in a good light.
- You could hold an Eco-Day and do things such as picking up litter and cleaning up your local park. Ask everyone in the neighbourhood to sponsor you for the activities that you do.
- If you live near to a river you can set up a duck race. You can sell plastic ducks with numbers on them and everyone can set their ducks off the bridge at the same time. You will see which duck competitor crosses the finish line first and award that duck a prize.
These are just a few fun ideas for a charity event fundraiser for physical challenges. Remember, the more unique, funny, creative and playful your fundraising idea is, the more it will capture people’s attention. Everyone loves events that are entertaining and silly, so don’t be afraid to think outside the box and have some fun!